Each Monday we will feature a Mountain States Employers Council (MSEC) member by providing five interesting facts about their organization. Interested in seeing your company as part of our feature? Email email@example.com.
1. The City of El Mirage is leading an initiative to reduce health care costs. Using the popular Arizona Blue Cross Shield network, they recently formed a trust which provides medical benefits to approximately 1,865 employees and their families. By forming the trust, the City of El Mirage will reduce its annual medical benefit costs by approximately $75,000.
2. El Mirage has grown from a small town dependent on agriculture to a diverse urban economy, and is considered the gateway to the Northwest Valley of the Greater Phoenix Metro Area.
3. The City of El Mirage is the home to a nationally recognized retirement community, the Pueblo El Mirage Golf Resort.
4. The City of El Mirages brings the citizens and neighboring communities together through its ongoing special events programs from Hispanic Heritage Month to Halloween to the annual City carnival.
5. They are currently undergoing some major infrastructure projects, including a new police facility, recreation facility with a pool, and fire station.