1. Rudi’s Organic Bakery is the leading producer of certified organic bread in the United States, and specializes in the production and distribution of delicious organic bread and baked goods products.
2. Founded in 1976, they began as a small local bakery using nutritious, flavorful ingredients, without preservatives and baking in small batches. The bakery was named after Swami Rudrananda, a spiritual leader of an ashram in New York who was instrumental in bringing Eastern culture and spiritual traditions to many Americans.
3. Rudi’s has always been about living free, free of artificial ingredients, preservatives, high fructose corn syrup, trans-fat, and genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
4. In May, they launched Let’s Doodle Lunch, a Facebook campaign that encourages parents who Like Rudi’s Organic page to upload their child’s artwork and receive a free sandwich box with that art on top of the lid. They gave out close to 18,000 free boxes!
5. On September 4, two of Rudi’s Organic products were voted Best in Class by Vegetarian Times Magazine Readers.