1. Care and Share Food Bank was incorporated in 1974 to establish a central clearinghouse for coordination of emergency food distribution in Colorado Springs and southern Colorado. They are the hub, or middle-man, for food distribution to more than 300 partner agencies throughout southern Colorado that serve the elderly, the ill, low-income families, and others in need.
2. Care and Share Food Bank and Springs Rescue Mission are joining forces to provide 10,000 turkeys for their hungry neighbors in the Pikes Peak Region and southern Colorado.
3. Care and Share collected more than 1.6 million pounds of food for those affected by the Waldo Canyon fire. Governor Romney also visited their facility and met families affected by the fire.
4. Care and Share works with more than 4,000 volunteers to help their neighbors become independent from hunger, last year they provided 18.4 million pounds of food and grocery items.
5. For each dollar received, Care and Share provides the equivalent of approximately eight meals to individuals and families in need of a helping hand.