1. Imagine! provides support services to more than 2,850 people of all ages with developmental delays and cognitive disabilities including autism, cerebral palsy, and Down syndrome.
2. Imagine! was established in 1963 as a private, not-for-profit organization and as the first community-centered board (CCB) in Colorado. A CCB is a local area’s single point of entry into local, state and federally funded programs for people with developmental disabilities in a community. Imagine! is currently one of 20 CCBs in Colorado, serving Boulder and Broomfield counties.
3. In addition to serving as a state CCB, Imagine! also provides services designed to incorporate people with developmental, cognitive, and physical challenges into the fabric of their communities. Services include educational and therapeutic services, job training and placement, recreation and leisure activities, opportunities for community living, behavioral health services, technology solutions, and support for families.
4. Imagine!’s goal is to help people aspire to, and achieve a fulfilling life of new possibilities.
5. 2013 marks Imagine!’s 50th anniversary.