CoBiz Financial serves the needs of businesses, business owners, and professionals at all stages of their lives, from planning (loans and depository services, or capital planning) through preservation (investment advisory services). They continue to look for new and exciting opportunities to grow their company and introduce their services to new customers and audiences.
1. Wellness is top of mind. CoBiz was named one of the 2013 Top 5 Healthiest Large Employers in Metro Denver by the Denver Business Journal, making the ranks two years in a row. They are also recognized as a CEO Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable on Cancer and an American Heart Association Gold Fit-Friendly Worksite. CoBiz is also a proud sponsor of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Light the Night Walks in Denver and Phoenix, bringing awareness to blood cancers and encouraging employees to bring their friends and family along for the walk.
2. CoBiz Cares. So much so, that they created a nonprofit, the CoBiz Cares Foundation, with a goal of supporting agencies serving their local communities. The foundation is directed by 11 employee trustees and all employees get a say in the focus areas for giving. The foundation is also funded by employees and CoBiz through an annual giving campaign, raising on average more than $100,000. CoBiz Cares distributes these funds as award grants of up to $5,000 to nonprofits in Colorado and Arizona each quarter.
3. They put the FUN in fundraising. Forget black tie; the company created a black t-shirt fundraiser – the Biz Bash – focused on great live music, outstanding food, and a high-end silent auction. Since its inception, the annual event has raised more than $3.5 million for local nonprofit organizations in both Arizona and Colorado. The Biz Bash has featured acts such as Cheap Trick, REO Speedwagon, the B-52s and this year’s Arizona entertainers The Pointer Sisters, taking the stage in Scottsdale on October 10.
4. One happy family. CoBiz Financial serves the complete financial needs of businesses, business owners and professionals through their family of services with 18 bank locations in Arizona and Colorado, and another two on the way. Members of the CoBiz family include Arizona Business Bank, Colorado Business Bank, CoBiz Insurance, CoBiz Wealth Management, and Green Manning & Bunch.
5. They make the ranks. CoBiz is the second-largest bank headquartered in Denver with $2.7 billion in assets. Two years in a row, CoBiz has also received the Greenwich Middle Market Banking Overall Excellence Award and a 2013 Treasury Management Excellence Award for their distinctive high-quality services.