Q & A – October 28, 2014

Businesswoman-filing2Q. My employee asked for advice regarding how many allowances to withhold or claim on the W-4. Should I give my advice?

A. Employers should advise employees to complete the worksheet and if they still have questions, to consult with their tax advisor as to how many allowances they should claim on the W-4. Employers should inform employees that HR/Payroll personnel are not tax advisors.