Q & A – What do I need to report a work injury?

Q: What do I need to report a work injury?

A: Employers should have the injured employee provide a written account of how the injury occurred and specifics on the injury itself.   Most employers have a form that they then fill out for their workers’ compensation carrier called a first report of injury form.   Once this form is sent to the carrier, the carrier begins processing the claim, initially determining whether the injury is job related and covered under the workers’ compensation policy.