- Colorado Consumer Health Initiative (CCHI) was founded in 2000 in response to a growing concern about the rising numbers of uninsured, increasing health care costs, and the need for better consumer representation in the health policy debate.
- CCHI is a nonpartisan advocacy coalition representing well over 500,000 Coloradans.
- CCHI launched CoveredU.org and its Spanish counterpart SeguroTu.org, websites using interactive content designed to help consumers better understand how to use their health insurance and how to shop for insurance that is right for them. CoveredU and SeguroTU have had over 1,000 website visits since their release.
- CCHI is an active consumer advocate in the implementation and ongoing operations of the state insurance marketplace, Connect for Health Colorado
- PR Daily’s 2014 Social Media Awards: Best Cause Advocacy — Got Insurance? CCHI and ProgressNow Colorado Education were awarded Best Cause Advocacy for the “Got Insurance?” social media campaign from the PR Daily’s 2014 Social Media Awards.