Are you ready for major new FLSA changes that take effect on this date? The three basics every employer must know:
To be exempt from overtime requirements, an employee MUST satisfy TWO requirements:
- Salary: $47,476 per year minimum
- Duties: very complex to determine and requires individual analysis
Virtually ALL employers are covered by these FLSA changes.
- Non-Profits are NOT excluded
- Public sector is NOT excluded
FLSA violations are costly.
- Employee complaints often prompt audits for back wages; penalties may also apply.
- DOL audits are time-consuming to employers and may lead to other compliance actions.
MSEC is here to help members prepare and avoid FLSA problems. Contact us today.