Recent headlines provide food for thought about 2017 benefits planning:
- Three of the nation’s fastest-growing states are in the MSEC region (Census Bureau)
- Denver will be a red-hot market for job seekers in 2017 (Denver Business Journal)
- Employers are optimistic regarding their financial stability and ability to provide robust benefit packages. (TransAmerica Center for Health Studies)
Digging into these reports and other data sources, employers should take note of these 2017 trends:
- Population growth is booming: Utah #1, Colorado #7, Arizona #8.
- Competition for great employees will be especially stiff in urban areas.
- Employers are investing in strong benefits packages to boost recruitment and retention efforts.
Is your benefits package competitive in this environment?
MSEC provides members with various resources to assist with benefits planning, including:
- Surveys: high quality, validated data broken down by industry and geography enables members to make informed decisions to stay competitive
- Guidance: benefits experts to provide assistance determining effective benefits programs aligned with organizational goals.
- Compliance: assist employers with understanding basic ERISA compliance obligations including reporting and disclosure and select legal and regulatory changes.
- Customized Consulting Projects: On a fee basis, may accept custom projects to conduct plan compliance reviews; assist in corrections of compliance errors identified; represent employer plans before the IRS or DOL through correction programs; create specific fiduciary briefings for plan committees, and other projects as requested.
Contact MSEC today to discuss your benefits programs! 800-884-1328.