I work in Member Engagement helping members maximize the value of their memberships and use Employers Council resources to succeed as employers. I thought it might be helpful to share my favorite tips.
How can you get the most out of your membership?
- Take advantage of the publications emailed directly to you. Each week, as part of your membership, you receive our Hot Topics and Member Matters publications. Hot Topics includes the most up-to-date information about employment law and HR. You don’t have to search for breaking news; it comes right to your inbox. Member Matters offers insight into our members, the issues they face, and how membership can help. Keeping our members informed is one of our top priorities. Be sure to check out our monthly Bulletin too. It is emailed to you on the 1st of each month.
- Call Employers Council early and often! Any time you anticipate making a change—from updating a form or process to terminating an employee—contact us to walk you through it and confirm that you are in compliance.
- Become familiar with our compensation and benefits survey data and HR Metrics, available online as part of your membership (if you are a UT grandfathered member, please contact your member representative for more information). Becoming familiar with the data will help your organization stay competitive and attract and retain top talent. It may also open your eyes to leave practices and other miscellaneous benefits you were considering. Our survey specialists can help you understand and get the most out of the data.
- Let us help you get those forms in order! You can access sample forms on the members-only portal of our website that can help you manage your day-to-day operations. Need an unusual form? Contact your Employers Council representative for guidance.
- Tip #5 is my favorite. Send us your handbook! Sending in your handbook benefits you in two ways: First, it gives us an opportunity to learn about your organization and offer advice with your policies in mind. Second, we’ll review it for compliance on an annual basis. The review is performed by both an HR professional and an attorney. You will then have the opportunity to discuss the review with your representative.
Do you want help getting even more out of your membership? Give me a call at 800.884.1328 or email me LearnMore@EmployersCouncil.org.