Colorado’s Family & Medical Leave Insurance Task Force, established through the passage of Senate Bill 19-188 during the 2019 Legislative Session, is required to provide a report to the Colorado General Assembly to aid in the potential implementation of a fiscally responsible family and medical leave program in Colorado. Public comments are an important step toward ensuring that the voices of employers and employees are heard on this issue.
The Task Force encourages businesses, organizations, and public entities to provide feedback by the September 27, 2019, deadline. Topics for comment include but are not limited to:
- How would a family and medical leave program affect your business, organization, or public entity?
- What do you NOT want mandated by the State of Colorado?
- What would you prefer to see in such a program?
- What would the budgetary impact be to your business, organization, or public entity and its employees?
- Would you anticipate any changes in current wages or benefits?
- What adjustments would you make to your operations if an employee is on leave for 12 to 16 weeks?
- Any other comments.
Those providing comments need only submit a first name and last initial. Comments can be submitted electronically through this link. Comments can also be sent directly to Admira Makas at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by USPS to Admira Makas, Colorado Department of Labor & Employment, 251 E. 12th Avenue, Denver, CO 80203.