The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is reminding employers that the E-Verify electronic employment eligibility verification system will delete data that is more than 10 years old. This means that all E-Verify records created on or before December 31, 2009 will no longer be available.
Employers can download the USCIS Historic Records Report to save and archive the older records, and should take measures to do so. The report includes:
- Company name and location;
- Initiated date and verification case number;
- Employee name and date of initial resolution;
- Date of additional resolution and final status; and
- Case closure date and case closure description.