A pandemic, economic slowdown, and social unrest are all fomenting workplace stress and likely negatively impacting employee productivity. On top of all these forces, another major influence on the employee experience is creating unnecessary stress and extra work: poorly-trained Managers.
According to a new SHRM survey, 84% of employees claim their Managers are responsible for creating unnecessary stress and excess work; 57% of employees believe training could help their managers be more effective. The survey finds many Managers lack these specific skill sets: effective communications; team development; time management/ delegation; team performance management; cultivating a team culture of inclusion and positivity.
Employers Council offers training and learning opportunities for Managers at all levels of experience, from newly-promoted to seasoned professionals. Here’s an overview:
- Supervision: Buddy to Boss is designed for newly-promoted Managers and addresses the unique challenges they face.
- Conflict: Self-Management boosts self-awareness and offers strategies to effectively manage constructive conflict.
- Retaining and Engaging Employees: What Employees Really Care About dives deep into the various influences that an organization can leverage to retain good employees.
- Change Management: Building Resiliency may be especially important now for Managers who are grappling with disruption and the new challenges of effectively managing remote workers.
- Coaching: individualized coaching from a trained professional can boost a seasoned Manager’s capabilities by providing them new insights and perspectives to develop a personalized action plan they find meaningful.
Managers at all phases of their career may benefit from investments in their professional development to enhance their abilities to guide their teams through uncertain times. Employers Council is here to help.
For additional insights about the importance of skilled Managers, check out this article.
If you’re looking for a conference to energize and inspire you, check out HR Leadership 2020 — a unique virtual conference experience with an incredible lineup of presenters. This half-day virtual conference is the dose of focus and encouragement you need now!