The Employer Information Report EEO-1 Component 1, AKA the EEO-1 Component 1 Report, began data collection on April 26, 2021. Organizations can file their information through the new EEO-1 Component 1 Online Filing System. The deadline to submit EEO-1 Component 1 data is July 19, 2021.
The following companies are required to file the EEO-1 Component 1 Report annually:
- Private employers who are subject to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act with 100 or more employees.
- Private employers subject to Title VII affiliated through common ownership and/or centralized management with other entities in an enterprise with 100 or more employees.
- Federal government prime contractors or first-tier subcontractors subject to Executive Order 11246, as amended who are not exempt as provided for by 41 CFR 60-1.5, with both 50 or more employees and a prime contract or first-tier subcontract amounting to $50,000 or more.
- Employers that serve as a depository of Government funds in any amount or as a financial institution which is an issuing and paying agent for U.S. Savings Bonds and Savings Notes and have 50 or more employees.
State and local governments, public primary and secondary school systems, higher education institutions, American Indian or Alaska Native tribes, and tax-exempt private membership clubs other than labor organizations are exempt from the EEO-1 Component 1 Report. However, non-profits and not-for-profit organizations are required to file the EEO-1 Component 1 Report.
When filing, employers will need the following information:
- Company ID and passcode (provided via U.S. mail for previous filers or at registration for new filers)
- Company EIN, NAICS Codes, and DUNS Number
- Address and EINs of all establishment locations
- Count of all full and part-time employees during the workforce snapshot pay period selected by the employer
- Sex and race/ethnicity of all employees
- Job categories of all employees
Previous filers will receive their company’s annual notification letter by U.S. mail. The letter will include your company ID and passcode, which are required to create your company’s account in the new Online Filing System. All companies will need to create an account in the EEO-1 Component 1 Online Filing System. Call Employers Council with questions; we can help.